No, each of our surfboards and paddle boards are handcrafted by experienced board builders. Slight imperfections that do not compromise the aesthetics or functionality of the product are normal, and therefore we cannot warranty or issue a credit for any cosmetic issues. Any board within + or – 5% of specifications are not a warranty claim item. A cosmetic issue is considered anything that does not negatively affect the structural integrity or performance of the board.
Articles in this section
- Am I responsible for return shipping costs for a claim I submitted?
- Are boards purchased as used or second hand covered under warranty?
- Are cosmetic issues covered under warranty?
- How long do I have to notify ISLE of a potential warranty claim?
- I can't find my Serial Number or SKU, what do I do?
- I have a stain on my traction pad, what can I do to fix this?
- I need to change the shipping address from my original order for a replacement, how can I receive everything at the new location?
- I sent my inflatable paddle board back for a warranty issue, when should I expect the replacement?
- My board is delaming what should I do?
- The bottom of my board is cracking what should I do?