The vent is installed to allow air to escape from the EPS foam core. As the air in the foam expands due to a rise in temperature it must be allowed to escape from the board or risk delaminating. Delamination is caused when this air forces separation from the EPS core and epoxy shell, causing a bubble in the board.
Articles in this section
- Can I take my paddleboard surfing?
- Do I need to do anything for maintenance of the vent plug?
- How do I remove and replace my traction pad?
- How do I repair a large ding?
- How do I repair a small ding?
- How do I repair epoxy?
- How do I repair traction pad?
- How does the vent plug work?
- There is a small bubble in my traction pad, is this normal?
- What are the hard boards made of?